The Federal Government established an inter-ministerial working group for the development of the National Fertilizer Plan, designed to promote initiatives for increasing the domestic production of fertilizers. The group will submit its report within 120 days of the first meeting.
The Federal Government, through Decree n. 10.605/2021, established an inter-ministerial working group intended to develop the National Fertilizer Plan, whose initiatives (article 2) will seek to promote the domestic production of fertilizers. They will also seek to incorporate technologies, promote infrastructure and guarantee the supply of inputs for domestic production, aimed at improving national agriculture competitiveness.
The working group established by the decree will be composed of:
- Secretariat for Strategic Affairs at the Presidency, which will preside;
- Office of the Chief of Staff at the Presidency;
- Ministry of Economy;
- Ministry of Infrastructure;
- Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Supply;
- Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation;
- Ministry of Environment;
- Cabinet of Institutional Security at the Presidency;
- Attorney-General of the Union; and
- Brazilian Agricultural Research Corporation (EMBRAPA).
The working group must submit the final report to the Secretariat for Strategic Affairs at the Presidency within 120 days of its first meeting. The deadline can also be postponed by 120 days.